The Most Comprehensive Salivary Hormone Test for Hormone-Related Conditions
Menopause Plus™ is our most comprehensive salivary hormone test for evaluating key hormone levels in both women and men. Eight specimens – collected over six days – are examined for levels of estradiol, estrone, estriol, progesterone, the progesterone/estradiol ratio (P/E2), and testosterone. In addition to thorough evaluation of the sex hormones, Menopause Plus also evaluates DHEA, cortisol, and melatonin for the broadest scope of clinical insight.
To enhance clinical utility, in addition to evaluating patient results against various healthy cohort reference ranges, a therapeutic cohort results cover page is provided for the clinician to quickly and conveniently observe where patient results fall in comparison to a cohort of peri/menopausal women treated with bioidentical hormone therapy.
The Menopause Plus hormone test provides information about the impact that shifting hormone levels can have in women during perimenopause and menopause and in men during andropause (male menopause). In addition, imbalances of other steroid hormones, such as DHEA, cortisol, and melatonin, can influence sex-hormone production. Hormones imbalances can be associated with common symptoms such as:
- Hot flashes
- Weight loss or gain
- Menstrual irregularities
- Loss of libido
- Changes in hair and skin
The Menopause Plus salivary assessment offers several advantages for patients presenting with hormone-related symptoms:
- Comprehensive testing: eight saliva samples, collected every other day over 6 days, provides individual and average levels for estrone (E1), estradiol (E2), estriol (E3), progesterone, progesterone/estradiol ratio (P/E2), as well as a one-time measurement of testosterone; additional collections over a 24-hr period provide diurnal measurement of cortisol, DHEA, and melatonin
- Reporting: reference and therapeutic ranges enabling the physician to choose the optimal reference cohort for their patient
- Patient ease-of-use: saliva testing is simple, non-invasive and at-home collection
Imbalanced hormone production affects a wide range of body functions, producing symptoms that can negatively affect the quality of life. Identification and targeted treatment of hormonal imbalances using customized hormone therapy, targeted nutritional supplementation and/or diet/lifestyle recommendations can improve symptoms and enhance quality of life.
To meet the individual needs of patients and clinical objectives, Genova offers two additional salivary hormone tests in the Menopause series, with varying collection time frames and specimen requirements.
- Cortisol Awakening Response (CAR)
- Two awakening samples to evaluate CAR
- CAR is a transient, immediate rise in cortisol upon awakening and is distinct from the diurnal rhythm. CAR reflects a person’s ability to cope with anticipated challenges and their perception of control around chronic stress, providing insight into HPA axis resiliency.